Who I am
My website address is: https://liza-frank.com.
What data I collect
The personal data I collect from you includes:
- Questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact me
- Your email address and any subscription preferences when you sign up to my email alerts
- How you use my emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
I use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you this website.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on this website
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
I do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why I need your data
This website collects information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. I do this to help:
- Make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- Make improvements, for example improving site search
I also collect data in order to:
- Gather feedback to improve my services, for example email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send me, if you’ve asked me to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is in my legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of my users, in ensuring the security and integrity of this website.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary to perform a task in the public interest.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, a temporary cookie will be set to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, several cookies will also be set up to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What I do with your data
The data I collect may be shared with my technology suppliers, for example my hosting provider or Akismet.
I will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
I will share your data if I am required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Children’s privacy protection
My website is not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. I do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
What rights you have over your data
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- Request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where your data is stored
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How I protect your data and keep it secure
I keep your data safe on a secure server, which is regularly updated. Your information is only accessible by myself. I am committed to doing all that I can to keep your data secure.
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, I will take reasonable steps to let you know.
09 July 2019